Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch was so much fun! This year we invited some new friends of ours, the Ratcliff's to join us. Taylor just started his first year of EM residency working with Robert, and the boys and I have gotten to know Lauren and Austin really well since meeting this summer at a play group. Austin is 7 and "The coolest Guy Jon knows".
There was a lot to do, but because we arrived so late in the day they ran out a lot of the activities before we got to them, such as pumpkin painting. How can you run out of pumpkins to paint at a pumpkin patch? None of that mattered these boys found lots of other way to stay entertained .
There was a kid sized maze made out of pallets. They got to run around in it twice.

Then came posing for pictures. This is the only good one I got. They were bored pretty quickly with it.



The favorite part of the afternoon, was a free game they made up on their own. They were pretending to have a metal or ROCK detector, and were beeping all over the Christmas tree field looking for treasures. They mostly found broken pieces of pottery. I'm not sure where the pottery came from. Jon tried to use one of the pieces to cut down a Christmas tree. (That piece of pottery disappeared) Then Luke found the best piece of all it was Gold! Austin traded Luke all of his treasures for the Golden piece of Pottery. He told the boys he was going to take it home, wash it and bite it to see if it was real. If it's hard when you bite it, it is real! I love little boy imaginations.



We finished the trip by feeding the goats. It was a fun afternoon, and I am glad we got to spend it with our new friends.

No comments: