Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas is Here!

This is Christmas, so far, in a nutshell.
 
First the family photos that did not make the cut for the Family Christmas Card. The boys were good sports and we tried to make this quick. We didn't even go anywhere special. This is in the corner of our backyard next to our new fence. How is that for a fancy background? Robert hates taking these pics every year, so we tried to make it as painless as possible. I would have preferred to find a pretty park, but I think they still look great!

 Trying to get Rocket to look at the camera was a fail. He got edited from the pic.
 Time to decorate the tree. We started the Monday after Thanksgiving. Growing up we always waited until December 8th one day after my sisters birthday, so her birthday could remain special.



 The annual Gingerbread house. I let them do almost everything this year. They kept reminding me it was all theirs this year, if I got to be too helpful. Luke decorated the roof and Jon worked on the sides, and ate as he worked. Luke has braces this year and missed out on all the fun sticky candy.


 School parties. Robert was able to join us this year. He took pics and helped out in Luke's class. I was in charge of the Bingo game in Jon's class and could not leave to visit both classes this year. That is okay because Jon will be going to intermediate school next year and I will probably miss out on all this fun with him.
 The Grinch came to visit the fourth grade. That was the theme for their party. 2nd grades theme was Polar Express. They had to get their ticket punched to enter their class that morning. Luke had an L punched into his.
 4th Grade class picture with Mrs. Steadman
 Luke making hot chocolate to take home
 Book exchange
 Luke was disappointed with "Baby books". He is a chapter book reader.He loves Magic Tree House, and was hoping to keep the book he brought, 
 Luke walked down after class was over and got to meet the Grinch!
 I took these last 2 pics in the boys hideout in the wooded area behind our neighborhood park. They are a present for my Grandma. I think they turned out pretty good.


1 comment:

Jodi said...

They're growing so fast...