This year Jon joined a GT club called DI(Destination Imagination). Their task this year was to write and design sets for and act out a play about Big Bugs Bad Day. Jon's group decided to make their bugs be the Beatles, the singing group. They made them get shrunk down to real bug size, and Jon was a bully bug who made them work his strawberry field. His group did so well, they got perfect scores from all the judges. They will not actually be awarded based on their performance, but I think starting next year it becomes a real competition. For 2nd grade everyone just gets a participation ribbon. I wish I had a picture of him in his dragonfly costume. He was really cute. Later they had an instant challenge, wish makes up half of their score, where they are given supplies and instructions and asked to perform a task in a set time period of only a few minutes. Parents were not allowed back for this part of the competition. It is all very secret. The children are not allowed to tell us what went on, because they use the challenges from year to year. As I said before, the older groups are very competitive. Scholarships are awarded on the High School level.
Jon's group: Charlie, Maddie, Brynn, Jordan, Jon and Olivia
Jon's group: Charlie, Maddie, Brynn, Jordan, Jon and Olivia
1 comment:
Congratulations, Jon!!
Great job!! We're proud of you!
Post a Comment